Instagram knows how to distinguish fake likes from real likes and so does your audience. That’s why you should strive for real, organic engagement on your content.
Here are alternative ways to get more likes on Instagram instead of purchasing them.
How to get Organic Engagement on Instagram
1.) Create quality content
Pressing ‘like’ is an instinct when you come across content that truly resonates with you. This is exactly what you want from your Instagram followers.
Aim to produce consistent, high-quality content tailored to your audience and niche. While there’s no magic formula to help you do that, here are some best practices you can follow:
- Be authentic and creative: Post original, unique content that’s aligned with your brand voice. Write catchy captions, share behind-the-scenes footage, and educate and inspire your audience with expert insights.
- Establish a cohesive aesthetic: Use colors and visuals that are not just high-quality but also consistent with your brand to attract followers to your Instagram profile.
- Use data to guide your strategy: Successful Instagram brands make data-driven decisions, especially when it comes to creating content. Use Instagram analytics to understand your audience’s behavior, demographics and interests, and use that to craft engaging posts that click with them.
2.) Stay active on Instagram
Consistently and actively posting on your Instagram account is the best way to get organic followers, likes and engagement.
Here are some tips for improving your presence on the platform:
- Post at the best times: Use Insights to find out when your audience is most active, and post during peak hours to boost visibility and engagement.
- Engage with your followers: Respond timely to comments and direct messages, comment on other posts and build connections to emphasize your presence on the platform.
- Stick to a consistent posting schedule: Post frequently and consistently without gaps to maintain your presence and keep your followers interested.
3.) Create an Instagram hashtag strategy
Hashtags are key players in finding success on Instagram.
They’re not just great tools for exposure and engagement, but they can also help you increase brand awareness and go viral on the platform.
Here are some ways to create a solid Instagram hashtag strategy:
- Use hashtags to improve searchability: Instagram users search for and follow hashtags to find relevant content. Using specific hashtags can help your posts show up in front of the right people, even if they’re not following your account.
- Create and encourage branded hashtags: Use branded hashtags to promote your business in unique ways, such as through a hashtag campaign or challenge.
- Follow hashtags to keep track of trends: Find out what’s currently trending by following popular hashtags in your niche, and align your content accordingly.