If you create a YouTube channel of your own or already have one up and running you are advised to read this article so you know how to Enhance your Youtube Channel.
1.) Optimize your description
YouTube gives you a space on your channel to write a little about your brand and the content you share on YouTube. The description is limited to 1,000 characters, so you have a little room to be creative here.
The copy in your channel description won’t just appear on your channel page. It’s indexed by search engines and can also be featured across YouTube in suggested channel categories and search results. A good tactic is to include some relevant keywords and CTAs within the opening lines of your description.
And be especially mindful of the first 100-150 characters. Depending on where the description appears, the remaining text could be truncated.
2.) Add links to your channel
We briefly mentioned channel links earlier in this post. You can have up to five links appear in your channel’s banner. The first link will appear expanded, and the remaining links will show up as icons.
Here’s how to add these links in super-quick steps:
- Click the “Customize Channel” button on your channel’s homepage.
- Then click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner, just beneath your cover art.
- You’ll see a Channel Settings lightbox appear. Here you need to toggle on the option labeled “Customize the layout of your channel”.
- When you’ve enabled customizations on your channel, pop back to your channel homepage and you’ll now see the option to “Edit Links” under the settings menu on your cover art.
- Click the “Edit Links” option and you’ll then be taken to the “About” section of your channel. Here you’ll have the option to add links and choose how many are displayed over your cover art.
See Also: How to Get More Followers on Instagram
3.) Add a channel trailer
As soon as visitors land on your channel, you want to give them a picture of the type of content your channel covers and why they’ll want to subscribe and check out your videos. A channel trailer is the perfect way to do this.
A short, to-the-point channel trailer can be a great way to introduce people to your content. A channel trailer should grab attention as soon as it starts and also represent the type of content you create on YouTube.
It’s also important to think about the description you add to this video as it features prominently on your channel homepage.
(These trailers only appear for people who are not yet subscribed to your channel).
4.) Add your contact details (email address)
If you’re using YouTube as a business or a creator, it can be great to have your contact details on hand for anyone who is interested in your work. YouTube has a section on each channel profile for you to list your contact details for business inquiries.
This can be found under the “About” section of your channel. To find it, go to your channel homepage, click “About” from the navigation and then scroll down to “Details.” Here you’ll see the option to share your email address.